As part of our 10th birthday celebrations, we have given our registered charity, NCH&C's Charitable Fund, a bit of a facelift.
Our Charitable Fund has existed since 1995: before the trust was formally created. The fund exists to raise donations and distribute funding for services and facilities to support our staff and patients. It allows NCH&C to go the extra mile on its, already outstanding, services and staff facilities.
As well as an eye-catching new logo and brand colours, we’ve also updated the Charitable Fund webpage. Click through to the NCH&C website to check it out. You can also find out how to access funds and get involved to support NCH&C’s Charitable Fund.
Charitable Fund receives donations from grateful patients and their families, and staff that want to raise money for teams and facilities within the trust. Donations may be specified for use by a specific unit or team or donated for use wherever the need is greatest.
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, NCH&C's Charitable Fund has provided £50k of funding to make both patients and staff more comfortable during this unusual time. This has provided items such as:
- Benches for staff to enjoy socially-distanced breaks
- Facemask-extenders, to make wearing face coverings more comfortable
- Magazines, adult colouring books, and puzzle books to help patients stay relaxed and entertained
- Tablets and mobile devices so patients can stay in contact with their family where visiting isn’t possible
- CD players and radios for music on the wards
- Emergency clothing for patients
- 24,000 tea bags, 500 Easter eggs, 800 coffee pods, and 4,000 hand creams!
Thank you to everyone who has supported Charitable Fund so far; your donations make a real impact to NCH&C staff and patients.
Any staff who’d like to find out more about fundraising or accessing donations should search for ‘Charitable Fund’ on the NCH&C staff Intranet.