Our service

If you have recently had a stroke and stayed in hospital, this service may be able to help. They can offer rehabilitation to help with moving and talking.


Who we care for

To use this service, you will need to be referred by a health professional from the hospital. This means you must have stayed in hospital after having a stroke. The Doctor will refer you to the service that is the most suitable for your health needs. The Doctor might refer you to this service or a different service. The service will then contact you to make an appointment or explain what will happen next.



Access to the stroke rehabilitation service is via acute hospital referral only and patients must meet the referral requirements.



Stroke Rehabilitation Service - Norwich - incorporating Beech Ward (situated in the Mulberry Unit), and Norfolk Early Supported Discharge (ESD - situated in main hospital building)

Norwich Community Hospital, Bowthorpe Road, Norwich, NR2 3TU

Tel: 01603 272620



Carer Questionnaire

Patient Questionnaire


Useful links






Help with health costs

If you're referred to hospital or other NHS premises for specialist NHS treatment or diagnostic tests by a doctor, dentist or another primary care health professional, you may be able to claim a refund of reasonable travel costs under the Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS). Find out more about the HTCS.


How to have your say

A guide for friends and family carers about ways to help us improve the experience of receiving care from our Service.
How to have your say leaflet